There is nothing quite like having your own private theater. Whether it is a dedicated room with stadium seating or just outfitting your living room to enjoy movies with the family, SmartHome Solutions is here to help. Our highly trained design and installation teams will ensure that your system is engineered to the highest standards - starting from the acoustics and decor all the way down to the touch screen control and interface design. Unlike another competitors that outsource the system design and programming, SmartHome Solutions' in house team of dedicated design and control programmers travel to your home and work with you in a one on one setting to accomplish exactly what you're looking for in your dream system. The result is reduced cost, faster turnaround, and a result that truly matches what you are looking for.
But it doesn't stop there - with today’s ever evolving audio and video technologies controlling these systems has become much more complex than ever before. Our use of today’s best control systems and automation allows for not only the total control of the theaters audio and video systems, but also ancillary items such as lighting, blinds, curtains, and yes – even the popcorn machine! With the press of a button on your iPhone you can have the theater power up all the equipment, change all the inputs to their correct settings, and display a custom menu of selections such as Netflix, Amazon Streaming, or even your own in-home 400 disc Bluray player. All the while the popcorn machine has already started popping your favorite snack, the temperature has been adjusted and the lights dimmed to just the right settings. What once sounded like science fiction is now possible, and more importantly affordable!
The possibilities are endless! Each and every one of our custom home theaters is unique in its design, integration, and decor. The key is working with a team capable of brining all aspects of the project under one roof to ensure the seamless integration of them all. SmartHome Solutions would have it no other way! If you're in the market for a custom home theater system call us today to schedule a free in home consultation to see how we can make your dream system come true.
Surround Sound Configurations
There are various surround sound configurations available today as technologies continue to evolve. Today you'll often find:
- 5.1 Surround Sound - 5 Speakers with 1 Subwoofer
- 7.1 Surround Sound - 7 Speakers with 1 Subwoofer
- 7.2 Surround Sound - 7 Speakers with 2 Subwoofers
- 9.2 Surround Sound - 9 Speakers with 2 Subwoofers
- 11.2 Surround Sound - 11 Speakers with 2 Subwoofers
Picking what type of surround sound system is best for use in your home theater will depend on a number of variables including budget, size and makeup of the room, speaker selection, and the overall room use. By working with one of our design team engineers SmartHome Solutions can help you understand the pro and con of each of these various types of surround sound configurations and how to best deploy them in your home - whether it be a shared family room or a dedicated movie room.
Surround Sound Technologies
As technology continues to evolve quickly in today's age so does the types of equipment and engineering behind numerous types of audio technologies.
- THX - A high-fidelity audio/visual reproduction standard for home theaters, screening rooms, home theaters, and audio systems. Originally designed and developed by Tomlinson Holman at Lucasfilm in 1983 it was spun off in 2002 as it's own organization. THX works directly with the content creation and exhibition side of the entertainment business to ensure recordings and playback are preserved and presented in the most true method possible Academy winners Peter Jackson, James Cameron, and numerous others choose to operate in THX certified studios and ensure their films adhere to THX standards. Home owners can choose to utilize THX certified equipment and theater design to in an effort to mirror a true movie theater experience as possible.
- Dolby Digital - An advanced audio encoding and decoding technology originally developed by Dolby Laboratories (commonly referred to as AC-3) that efficiently delivers discrete channels of vibrant surround sound for broadcasting, home theater, and cinema. Today there are various Dolby configurations including Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD, Pro Logic, EX, and Live.
- DTS - A series of multi channel audio technologies developed by Digital Theater Systems Inc (now known as Datasat Digital Sound). Today there are numerous configurations available of this technology including DTS-ES, DTS Neo:6, DTS: Neo X, DTS++/DTS-HD, and others.
As you can see there are numerous technologies that are in use for surround sound and home theater systems when it comes to the audio portion of the audio / video realm - and like most technologies it is frequently changing and evolving as new advances allow for better quality, reduced costs, and improved performance overall. When you get ready to start designing your home theater our design team will work with you to determine what technologies best suit your needs and budget. SmartHome Solutions has experience installing and deploying DTS, Dolby Digital, and THX certified home theater equipment in a variety of homes throughout the greater Phoenix market. Take a look at our gallery for some photos from the various one of a kind theaters we have done for our customers throughout the years!
3D Televisions & Projectors
It wasn't that long ago that 3 dimensional television was a futuristic concept - but thanks to advances in science that reality has come much sooner than anyone expected. Today 3d televisions and projectors can be deployed at a very reasonable cost. Plus with more and more movies, concerts, and other media being released in both 2d and 3d formats the time to adopt this innovative technology is now! But there are various methods to deploy 3d video and specifically some different displaying technologies.
- Anaglyph 3D - The 3D effect is achieved by means of encoding each eye's image using filters of different colors, typically red and cyan. Anaglyph 3d images usually contain two differently filtered colored images, one prepared for each eye. When viewed through "color coded glasses" each of the two images reaches one eye - which caused the perception of a three dimensional scene or image.
- Polarized 3D - Similar to the Anaglyph 3d technology, only instead of using two differently filtered images this technology utilizes polarized glasses to ensure that each eye only sees a different image - this is used to perceive a three-dimensional effect. Polarized 3d technologies are considered easier on the eyes than Anaglyph 3d. But keep in mind that some people are sensitive to this type of technology which can cause headaches, and that images are not truly 1080p - but rather a "fusion" of two images put together to replicate the image.
- Active Shutter 3D - An advanced method of 3d in which electronic glasses are worn that utilize liquid crystal displays and synchronize to a central timing signal to create a 3 dimensional effect. These type of glasses mostly eliminate "3d crosstalk" and also 3d viewing in the full color spectrum unlike Anaglyph 3d technologies. Where as these types of glasses use to be very costly technology over the past two years has made these more affordable than ever and provide for a fantastic 3d experience without many of the downsides of the other 3d image technologies.